Teaching & Writing
How to write
Everyone can write, it’s a tool for all to access. There are ways to make your writing stand out and be more effective. We can teach the skills needed, share feedback, advice and support. Our aim is to give artists the expertise they need to engage with writing as an effective part of their studio practice.
We teach individuals and groups:
- How to write and how to edit
- Tutorial-style feedback to identify your strengths
- Advice on publishing from design through to print
- Reading, listening and being in conversation with you
Free Consultation: This is by telephone and email exchange. We start by discussing an example of your writing and then sending some ideas for ways to develop the writing further.
Online Tutorials: £125
Prepared responses to your writing sent to you in advance. One hour of discussion with relevant examples and technical feedback on writing and editing.
Face to Face Meetings: £200
Roundtable discussion with prepared edits by us, read-throughs of the text, technical feedback notation and advice on how to proceed towards an outcome.
A programme of meetings designed with you, culminating in a finished work. Costs to be discussed depending on project outcomes and length.
* Group tutorials either online or in person, add £50 extra per person. Group tutorials have an extended meeting time.